What Went Wrong

I felt that Saturdays run was a disaster. And I only had myself to blame. This is what I have learned from it and what I plan on doing differently.

1. I didn't eat well at all all week. I was depressed and had no desire to eat. Thinking that it will help me in training if I was a little lighter. Yeah, I need to eat and not be so depressed. Starving myself is not the way for me to go. My job gives us 5 free shrink appointments a year. I've gone before and the shrink that I have is one of the better shrinks that I have been to. She is also knowledgeable about the Boise running community.

2. I was dehydrated. I did not drink as much water & tea as I have been. All summer I have been drinking at least 2-32oz Nalgene bottles of water a day or more, not including the required coffee every morning. But with the colder temps, I have been drinking more coffee and hot chocolate. I need to drink more calorie-free and caffeine-free liquids.

3. I didn't run all last week. Yeah, I did Hip Hop Abs and some weights, but that is not running. I skipped my 5 mile tempo run Wednesday AND Thursday because I was tired. I really was tired and I fell asleep on break time at work. It was partially to being depressed, not eating enough and not getting my 8 hours of sleep. And being a slacker. Won't happen this week.

4. I need to stretch more. My muscles were tight, which was causing other things to get tight and hurt. And I need a massage. I have 3 or 4 Living Social/Groupon massage deals that I have taken advantage of. They are paid for. I just need to book the appointments.

5. My Saturday fueling was off. I was fueling too well. I do know that I will bonk if I ride my bike 30 miles and not have a snack, I don't know where my wall is when I run. So I over fuel. Breakfast was going to be toast with PB & jelly and coffee. Well, due to circumstances I had that, plus an egg and a cup of milk. The last few long runs I do, I usually have 4 gels/blocks/Perpetuem Solids. Well, this time was 1Hammer Gel+1Solid x2, then 2 gels at once. I got a tummy rumble after I did 2 gels at once. Which was at mile 10. I can get by with less calories then what I attempted. I can eat everything in the house after I finish my run.

Well, that is what I learned from my bad run yesterday. I am posting a pic from Halloween 2 years ago. I am not dressing up this year other then having black fingernails. I am working tomorrow night and my job does not really care if I dress up or not. They, I think would prefer that we don't. I loved this costume.

Comments

  1. Don't stress over one bad run! We all have them!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts