Today's Tempo Run

Today, I got the pleasure of starting a new month with a 6 mile tempo.

Of course it was a ghetto renew sweat fest. Just for the record, working out after work (which is after 1:30AM) is hard. Despite taking the Vega Lemon-lime Pre-Workout, which my lack of sleep earlier was canceling out any energy bump. But I did power though. And I am a huge fan of Vega after getting these goodies in the mail yesterday.

The first 1.5mile & last .5mile was at 4.9, kept it a slow warm up. But after that, I turned my tempo up to  5.3. I was sluggish, bored on the treadmill and sweating like a beast. But I did get it done. I won't be making my 18 miler at night. 6-10 is long enough for me to be up that late at night. 18 is going to have to be a Saturday afternoon thing for sure.

How do you feel about a few more weeks of winter? If the "winter" stays like it is (raining, cloudy, mixed with beautiful sunny days like today, I'll take it!
What was your workout today?

Comments

  1. Great workout! I did exactly the same except I set out to just run 6 sluggish miles. Miraculously I had some pep for a change. Love the Vega stuff !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts