I Ride My Whip Back & Forth

Holy crap, it is/was so freakin' nice out. Usually I spend Sundays recovering from drinking/eating/running too much on Saturday. But I HAD to get outside today.

Had to.

Dusted off my whip. Seriously. It was dusty. Pumped up the tires. First time this year I got to hop on for a ride.

Yea, I didn't notice the wind when I set out on my journey. I just wanted to get to the library and back. Quickie bike ride. That's it.

There was so many people on the greenbelt. But I hate, hate riding down Vista on my bike. Hate it. So I was left going a little slower on the bike then I wanted. But it's ok. First bike ride of the year.

I also hate going UP Protest. That hill always leaves me gasping for air. I thought that with all the running, my quads were stronger to make it up easier but I guess I still have work to do. But I don't think that I will ever love biking up hills.

Somehow, my Garmin said that my max speed was 151 MPH. I KNOW even flying DOWN Protest hill, I would never, ever go that fast. Silly Garmin.

 I usually wear a pair of padded bike shorts to protect my girl parts while riding. Nearly ever ride. I need a new pair. The chamois of my pair are not very padded anymore and my nice bike leggings are, well, full leg. So this year, I need to break down & get a new pair. 6 miles was about my biking threshold.

I also need new shades. My regular shades don't protect from the wind very well & I had tears down my face going down Protest. Not safe.

Now, time for fooding with the fam while watching Basketball.

Do you use your bike to do errands?

Comments

Popular Posts