I am finally doing it...

I am finally canceling my membership to Body Renew. I have complained about them a whole lot since I got my membership last year. On this blog and also on Yelp. (I did spend my time that I was going to go run outside, posting even MORE negative reviews warning people of this place) The owner has his friends post all star reviews to cancel out all of the truthful negative reviews.

The biggest reason why I am canceling is because last month they didn't charge my card. I thought my membership was over. When I called them about it, they said that I didn't have sufficient funds. Which isn't the case. I look at my online bank statement everyday to prevent overdrafts and such. I can't remember the last time I ever had an overdraft. So telling your customer that they didn't have enough money is just ludicrous.

So this month, they charge me this months fee, plus last months, PLUS a late fee. I called about this extra charge, because it was unexpected and unwanted. They were extremely rude to me on the phone when I said that I wanted the charge removed because it was their fault. Like I said, they blamed me for the charge and wouldn't remove it. I said that I am going to just cancel my membership because of this and because I have not been happy with them for a long time. They asked why I was unhappy. I said because of this charge and because I think that the temperatures are too hot in there, the bath mat is unsanitary in the restrooms (real gyms don't use the bathmats that YOU keep in your home restroom. You can't sanitize them and they DON'T wash them everyday), and it is always really scuzzy and dirty in there. Dust on the windowsills, huge dustbunnies under them machines, windows and mirrors that always have handprints on them. He called me rude and said, I hope you find a gym that makes you happy. It seemed like he didn't know customer service, which is true, and that he didn't care if I was going to take my membership elsewhere.

Please, local Boise area people, DON'T get a membership at Body Renew. I thought everything that I read online about mysterious charges and difficulty in canceling was just angry members. I have now found out the hard way that it is the truth. They WILL charge you fees that you don't deserve to have. They won't reverse any of the charges. They will be out of soap and TP in the restrooms. They won't be as clean as a gym should be. (I clean for a living. I know all about keeping commercial buildings and gyms clean.) They will call you rude if you speak up about things that make you unhappy as a customer - however nicely you are about it.

I am warning you, don't fall into the trap of getting a membership here. Just don't do it! 

Comments

Popular Posts