What To Wear - Robie Creek Edition

One of the most important things that takes up a lot of brain space is what to wear for the race.

Robie Creek, a half marathon, is on Saturday. Temps are gonna be above 80 degrees on Saturday.

That means shorts and tanks. And lots of water. I have been increasing my water intake all week, along with adding a NUUN a day. I think I am on a good hydration start.

I think I may go with a dark grey nike dri-fit tank (my fav shirt in the world) and a silver sparkle skirt.

But want to wear my Brooks skirt also. But I don't like the shirt with this skirt.

I don't know which shoes to wear. Usually this isn't a problem for my races but there will be lots of dirt.

Nike trail shoes -since they are gonna get dirty as heck, they are comfy, and only cost $30 at the Nike outlet in Meridian. I ran in them up and down Tablerock and wore them to work for a few weeks. They are broken in and my feet should be ok in them. And they are gonna get dirty, so I won't be sad that I ruin them. 

Or my Brooks Pure Cadences. I would be sad to get these so dirty on the dirt road. Although I have the blue pair coming today, and my feet would be happy in them (but I have not done any hills in them) and I would be sad that they would get dirty. That is the biggest issue for me. I did buy a pair of Pure Grits, but I didn't like the way they fit. If I would have went down a half size, I may have just worn those instead.

I will probably go with the sparkle skirt and black & silver Nike trail shoes.

Robie Creek packet pick-up is today. I am going to be late for work to pick up my packet. So glad my boss is understanding.

Do you think alot about what you wear to races or do you just throw something on?

PS Boise peeps - I will be having a giveaway for a free entry into the See Jane Run event. Please keep and eye out for details soon! 

Comments

  1. I have never had Nuun!!! I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You will be very happy that you did. If you follow them on twitter they have a survey link that they twittered for a code for like 20% off or something like that.

      Delete
  2. I think that first running outfit it quite possibly the sexiest running outfit I have ever seen .....I'd go with that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Team Sparkle has now become Team Sexy Sparkle lol

      Delete
  3. As I was reading, I thought "sparkle and silver and black shoes" And you picked them! I love the sparkle on the running skirt. :) I also love your haircut by the way. :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sparkly skirt - and it's going to be hot here too! I'm dreading it!

    We should do a race together since we're so close! The Provo Marathon is May 5th or I'm willing to head north (I'm in Utah)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually registered earlier this year for a marathon near Provo at the end of July. But there is so many marathons in the SLC area that I want to do & Boise to SLC is only a 5 hour drive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck tomorrow! I'll be out their too with a red sparkle skirt :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts