City Of Trees Road Race Series

I have not ran for over a week. Sorry for the neglect. I feel very, very freakin' lazy, but my Achilles is feeling better. Hopefully this week off of running (I have been doing my daily Plank Pushup & Squat challenge) will nix any potential injuries.

I also am going to do a 3 day a week bootcamp starting next week. It was a Groupon deal and I am kinda bored of just running and working out alone.

I didn't have any races on the calendar that I was going to do, so I was OK with not running and hopping into bootcamp. I mean, I WAS going to do the Snogomatpit in a couple of weeks, but renting a car and hotel to get down there was going to be a hassle. So I gave them a $75 donation which I think I made in January or something quite a while ago. :-/

I have to participate in a race. Or 4. Should I do the Bruneau Beast? The BF wasn't very excited that I was considering it. I mean, it isn't very fun to walk up the big dune, and try to race on the crest of them. Eh... I mean, I would do it (there are like 5 people registered for all distances, and no one registered for the 5K, so I would place!) but I have a lot of excuses to not participate.

I think that I may register for the Run Ste. Chapelle half - only because it is on a Sunday and I love (prefer) Sunday races. For me, that means I don't have to take the night off of work before the race. Saves me a vacay day. And I think I have a half off code that should still work.

http://cityoftreesmarathon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/cot-2012-logo-300x220.jpg
I have been thinking about the COT Race Series for a bit. You get a jacket with the, I think, the logo above instead of a long sleeved shirt, which I am cool with either. 2 out of the 3 races are on SUNDAYS! But I did finally decide to register and booked the myself for the Short.

 

The first race is this Saturday. At 7:30am. My co-worker is off all this week. So I can't take Friday night off. Hopefully, I CAN take a couple hours off to get home before Midnight. Cross your fingers for me.



I will be doing the 10K this Saturday.

The 2nd race in the series will be the Payette Lake Run. I think running around the lake will be much more scenic then what I got in Stanley. I love going up to McCall and hanging out by the lake. I have heard nothing but good things about this race. I will be doing the 8.6 miler here.

The 3rd race isn't anything I am that excited for. Sorry, but I am not. The weather for the City Of Trees Marathon is always sketchy. It's either really good, or really bad. And most of the days I have volunteered (as a post race massage therapist) it has been bad. I will be doing the half marathon here. Cross your fingers for nice weather on October 14th. I mean, at 2pm today, the weather is 102, so anything can happen.

How hot is it where you are at? What will be your next race?

Comments

  1. I've been debating on running the City of Tree's race. I did the half last year and two of my friends ran the full. I remember it being cold at the start but then warming up so the weather wasn't too bad. But I also want to run the Boise Foothills Frenzy 50k which is Oct 20th a week after COT. So not sure if it will work out.
    The Payette Lake one looks good maybe i'll run that one instead.
    Have you ran or looked into the Pocatello marathon? That is labor day weekend too and it is also on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think eastern ID has some cool races (Pocatello for one) that I would love to do. I may have to think about that 50K. The COT half and then a 50K the weekend after seems like fun!

      Delete
  2. I am running the Fit for Life half on Sat. with my mom, who is running her first ever 10k! After that I have been eye-balling the Ste. Chapelle full marathon Sept. 30. Mostly because I like the idea of wine tasting immediately after running a marathon. Insta-buzz. I am trying to talk myself into trying out the Foothills Frenzy 50k. The distance freaks me out, but more so the elevation change. But it seems cool that they have some organized training runs a couple times a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your mom running her 1st race! Woo hoo! Say Hi if you see me. I think I am going to wear the pink tank & silver team sparkle skirt as the See Jane Run half.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts