Suck It Up, Buttercup

Boise has a lot of wildfires blowing smoke into the valley.

Source
I have complained about this for 2 months, and I have used it as an excuse to not complete some of my runs. And I have limited my bike commuting this summer because I don't want to expose myself to bad air quality any more then what I have to. After this new, closer fire, which is arson set by a firefighter to get the attention of his firefighter dad, I have had a constant sore throat.

I guess the ALA calls someone like me a "Responder."

But either way, it kinda has a bee in my bonnet that I can't run outside, when I want and for how long. In the gym on a treadmill is not the place I want to be for more then a half hour, especially if I don't have a fan in front of me or a TV, which is how the TM's at the BSU rec are set up. 

Source - This was early afternoon sun!
Funny thing is that I have been looking at new furniture because if I get a sectional couch, I can get rid of one chair and put a TM in its place in my living room! Actually, that is one thing (out of many) that I asked the BF for for X-mas. And yes, I am one of those cray-crays that starts X-mas shopping early!

Anyways, this week has been lacking in runs because of the air quality, and time. I cleared out my storage unit drastically, got an oil change in my car and was told I need about $1000 worth of repairs (which I know I need- the front CV joints/boots and all 4 brakes. I want to hold off on the new car for about 6 more months.)

But guess what? This Buttercup sucked it up and went on the treadmill.And I didn't die, but I didn't enjoy it either. I miss running outside. But I AM glad I did slog a few miles today.


I did have a super sweet set-up because they moved the TV to directly in front of the one TM with the fans.


I did a total of 3.4miles in 41:11, but I slogged 3.1 in 36 minutes. The last 5 minutes was a walking cool down while I watched Colbert.


Couldn't take a pic in the gym because there was someone on an elliptical, who would have been in the pic. So I took my pic in the stanky potty, and the smile is totally forced since the potty was rank.


How's the weather where you are at? How do you handle long runs on the treadmill without a TV and a fan?

Comments

Popular Posts