What I Take With Me

Today I decided to take a slow slog around the 'hood of mine. I was focusing on my form, landing on my forefoot, when I wasn't walking.


The air clearer then that it has been. I HAD to get outside and enjoy the nice weather.

I found a coupon for free free desert or app to Solid that I picked up on the ground. I also found an old condom, but I just kept trotting past that. Eww.

What do you carry with you when you do a long run? Do you just go out the door with nothing but water and maybe a gel, or do you have to carry everything possible with you?


In my Camelbak, I usually carry my swiss army knife, tear gas, gels & other energy sources, sunscreen, chapstick, Wet Ones, keys, cell phone and sometimes my ipod. Sometimes, if I am on the trails, I'll take a PB&J sandwich with me or napkins/TP. Or one of my long sleeved shirts fits perfect in one of the pockets if I expect it to be cool out.

What sort of things do you take with you on your long runs?
What was your workout today?

Comments

  1. Great items to take! Hmm, since my long runs don't exceed 5 miles right now, I have only made sure that I have water, gel bites and a towel. There are some other items that I want to get, but haven't gotten around to getting them. I should! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, the towel is a good idea. I usually throw mine over the back of my car seat, but I know there have been a few gross times I have forgotten one!

      Delete
  2. Wow lots of stuff! I take a phone, pepper spray a gel if I'm going 12+ miles and water. Today I did 3 miles of hill repeats that felt oddly good. Knock wood!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts