Wanna Get Dirty? The Dirty Dash

On January 2, 2013 registrations for The Dirty Dash have opened.

And the registrations only cost $35! But they will only be $35 until January 30, 2013!
The Dirty Dash


I seriously want to do this race. I would love if you did this race with me! The Boise dash is on August 10, 2013. I already have it listed on my Slog list.

pic from Dirty Dash

I have never done a mud run. I have done wet runs (Seattle Marathon) and very cold races (my last couple races). The only races I have done have just been trail and road races, so this is going to be interesting and slightly challenging.

Pic from Dirty Dash.
There is a good chance I will have the same look on my face as girl on right. ;-)


There are lots of locations to choose from - Utah, Seattle, Oregon, Spokane, Billings, Boise, New Mexico, Colorado Springs, and Missoula.




Race registrations are only $35 until January 30th.

Have you ever done a mud run or obstacle course race or anything like it?

Do you want to do this race with me? What do I wear? What sort of things should I put into my workouts to prepare for some of the obstacles?

Comments

  1. Why is this not in California!?!? It looks like so much fun ^_^

    Maybe some swimming would help if your walking through mud? Not sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that there was no Cali when they are all over the west. Cali never gets neglected. So cray! Swimming is such a good idea!

      Delete
  2. I really want to go the one in Billings (I live in Wyoming). My husband and I did the Survivor Mud Run last year in Colorado and had a BLAST! We want to do more this year.

    For clothing: wear snug fitting and light weight tank and shorts or capris. Shorts are ok but capris are good to protect your knees - they will get scraped! Your shoes will get really heavy, so you can get light weight trail shoes or you can tape your shoes. I used an old pair and just threw them away when I was done. You can wash your clothes, but you probably don't want to keep your shoes.

    A good training prep routine would be running and mixing in body-weight exercises. One of my routines was running @800 meters, then squats, 800 meters, than pushups, and so on.

    Good luck! Are you doing the race in Boise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I will be doing the Boise race. Will you be doing the Billings Dirty Dahs? The training prep you suggested sounds like a good idea.

      Delete
  3. I really want to do a mud run or some sort of crazy run this year, it sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to do a mud run, but have not taken the plunge yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year is a perfect year to take the plunge!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts