Loving The Lift Life

I have always loved lifting weights. I have taken weight training Kinesiology Activity class for 2 semesters at University. I never lifted too heavy then. Stuck with 5's, 8', and 10 pound dumbbells for upper body. Leg presses were pretty much with 80 pounds. I think I may have went up to 100 pounds by then end of the semester. I know I could have done more but they scare me. I was kinda afraid of blowing out my knee. Which is silly. I am just a wuss sometimes.

I have had a set of 12 pound dumbbells that I have used every now and then for 6 years. They were a good starting point for arms and upper body for me. But I am sort of out growing them on my weakest muscles - which are my delts.

Twit Pic of my gear

The BF bought his son a 20 and a 15 pound dumbbell for xmas. We both have been using the weights regularly and now, 20 isn't easy, (for the BF, it's gotten easy, for me, it's getting easier) but I KNOW I am gaining strength and I need to try a rep or two with 25.

I need some new weight additions.

On my short run days on Tuesdays, I have been doing intervals, doing something with the weights for an upper body workout as a warm up, and have been integrating the weights for intervals at every mile.

Today, Thursday, I had the need to lift again, and so I did. It was so enjoyable today that I didn't want to run. But I did. Those Hokas and my treddy would have been very upset at me if I didn't. 

http://distilleryimage10.instagram.com/4bacaae4925c11e2891a22000a9d0ec6_7.jpg
Instagram Pic

Maybe it was because of my brekkie, maybe because I love looking at my new muscle definition working as I lift. But weights and just a few miles felt good today. I wish I didn't have to go to work so I could have kept my workout going even longer. :-)

How often do you do weights? Do you prefer machines or free weights?

Comments

  1. thanks for post to learn more information about lifting life.. keep updating more helpful post.. by Boom Lift Rental .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! It’s something I have never thought about, really, but it makes a whole lot of sense.
    free weights

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts