Friday, June 21, 2013

Race Day Is Here - See Jane Run Half!

I have not participated in any form of running in 2 weeks.

From my Daily Mile
And tomorrow, Saturday is race day! I am doing the See Jane Run Boise half marathon as a race ambassador.

I was feeling a little burnt out/overwhelmed with running and job searching and fitting in all the blogging I want/need to do. Something had to give and there was no way I could fit everything in.

So I have been taking a break from blogging and running and social media. But, it's time to snap out of it. Tomorrow is race day! So, I am getting ready.

http://distilleryimage0.ak.instagram.com/0f20403cdaae11e2ab2122000a9f4dc5_7.jpg
From my IG
I got my packet with my bib and tote bag and race shirt.

From Twitter
My gear is all laid out.

Twit pic
Team Beef shirt, Hokas, FitSoks, wrist band for my post-race bubbly (most important part of the race!) and Accel Gel for race fuel and Pocket Fuel for breakky. I'm still deciding which Team Sparkle skirt to wear. Red or gunmetal?

My alarm clock is set for 6am. My Soleus is charging. Just need to get my all important coffee pot all ready.

I've had a 2 week, ahem, "taper." I've rested and I've hydrated. Now, time for a drinkiepoo. I'm gonna sleep well tonight! I doubt tomorrow will be a PR, but I am sure to have a bit of fun during the race. I'll have high 5's and hugs to share.

Are you running or racing this weekend?

Red or gunmetal?

PS. I got nominated for ATHLETE for the Fusion Magazine Awards! If you could vote for me (Tanya Savage) that would be mucho great! 

6 comments:

  1. I voted for you! I say go 'red hot'! Good luck and run well. My taper has been similar. My hip is bugging me...again. My half is on Sunday, and the heat advisory warnings are already out. May bag it, not sure.
    Love the SJR race shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heat and a bum hip doesn't sound like a fun race! Hope it all works out though! Thank you for voting. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi! New reader here from CDA. Good luck in your race. Doesn't look like you can go wrong with your sparkles, but my vote is for gunmetal. =) Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi new reader :-) Welcome! Gunmetal was what I wore last year & am leaning towards it. But my Team Beef shirt looks good with the red sparkle. So many decisions...

      Delete
  3. I hope that your race went well! I would have worn the gunmetal skirt if it was up to me. :-)
    I had a 10K race that was last night. Kind of weird to be running at 7:00 pm on a Friday night. Usually I am on on my first or second beer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A 10k on a Friday night sounds like fun! Hopefully you got your beer in after ;-) I went with the red skirt, but gunmetal will be worn soon!

      Delete