I Got My Groove Back!

How long have I felt I have been on this semi-sabbatical from running? 2 months? I felt the last 2 weeks, I've been back into the running groove.

Although DailyMile doesn't really reflect that...

But last night was basically 8 miles. 8 nearly perfect miles.



On the Hard Guy trail.


With quite a bit of smoke in the air.

It's a miracle I am not having more breathing probs then I am today.
I called in sick to work and running outside was really what I needed to do. I really did need this as a mental health day.


I will be changing jobs soon. I have 2 job offers (although not dream jobs and both a dollar cut in pay) and am playing phone tag for another job (sorta dream job, but not really, but really want it.) Either way, that means I will be having a day job in the next few weeks. That means no more mid-day runs and more sunrise and sunset runs. I was ok with it being 100 degrees last night. I enjoyed not having the noon-time sun beating down on me.


I did not enjoy seeing these things. Are these those Japanese Beetles? Creepy as heck but thankfully NOT a snake.


And if every post-work run in the future is as this one was, I will be quite the happy girl. It was slow, but perfect.

Have you played hooky from work to go run? When did you take your last mental health day?

Comments

  1. Yay for the mojo coming back! Just learned I'm getting a mental health 'night' tonight! Verizon party tonigh + yoga early in the am = downtown Chicago hotel for ME! Yipppeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mental health night sounds like so much fun!

      Delete
  2. I haven't ever taken a day off for a run. Too many of my coworkers are on facebook and see the posts about them =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The downside of the internet right there ;-) Actually, I am a little worried about admitting stuff like this on the internets.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the job offers. Hopefully it turns out. I would love to vent about my job, but would never do so publicly in fear someone would read it and I would get in trouble. You are brave! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts