My Next Races

I have been trying to get a bit of running in here and there. It was first there wasn't enough time in the week to get a run in. Now, I get to use the cold weather as an excuse. :-)

I am going to be getting rid of one of my jobs and sticking with the lower paying, but more enjoyable job. Only because I want to run more. That will leave me with cold weather as an excuse to not run. :-) Sorta but not really since I work at a gym with treddys and an indoor track...

I am itching to register and run a few winter races. TD5K and Struttin' For Stuffin'. I have never done a Thanksgiving day race and there are 2 in the Boise area that I want to do. Sadly, both start at the same time so that isn't an option.

I am registered for the Struttin' For Stuffin'. $2 from every registration goes to help a runner who's house burnt down while completing her first 100 mile race. 

I am so excited about the T-day race that I even bought a new hat to wear.

Turkey hat modeling is hard.
There is also a Virtual T-Day 5k I am going to take part in too.

thanksgiving 5k

I do have the Hot Chocolate 5K to do after xmas. But I wanted to do a pre-xmas race. I am signing up for the YMCA Christmas Run.

I don't think I did this last year, but the year before, which I did the 2 miler. I think this year is a good time to do this race again. I am not sure what distance to run year. 2 miler or the 6 miler?

And there is the New Years Day 5K. I got my first race placement at this this year. I have to see if I can do it again this next time around!

Are you planning any winter races?

Comments

  1. Cute hat! I've got a Turkey trot coming up then I'm not registered for anything until May. I'm being a cold weather wimp now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its SO hard to venture out when its so cold!

      Delete
  2. I am volunteering for the Struttin for Stuffin, and planning on also volunteering for the hot cocoa run (gotta love earning free race entry's for later races!) My plan is 14 races in 14, so I will be doing lots in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! If you see me in my hat, say Hi!

      Delete
  3. I have been stalling about signing up for anything this month, but I am just about inspired to do the YMCA Christmas Run. Maybe also the 10 mile variant of Wilson Creek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided on the 2mi xmas run and the Wilson Creek ones I want to wuss out on since its always so cold.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts