Mizuno Wave Rider 17 Review

The following post is a sponsored post by Fitfluential LLC on behalf of Mizuno. All opinions are my own.

I was lucky enough to be chosen for a Fitfluential campaign to try out the new Wave Rider 17s.


I have tried Mizuno shoes once. The Mizuno Wave Inspire 8's as part of the Mezamashi Project a long while ago and I just wasn't crazy about them. I don't mind them for wearing around for walking at work but they were not a natural fit for my running stride.

http://runinboise.blogspot.com/2012/06/things-going-on-random-post.html

I didn't like the color (white doesn't match any of my gear, and I like to match.) and I didn't like the drop. The heel felt too high compared to all of the near zero drop shoes I spend my time in.




But these new Wave Riders are different. I really do like them. They crazy light and breathable. The drop is much more comfortable to me. And the color? Hello! I LOVE pink, so this is pretty freaking fab.


I really put these through the motions this last week. I ran on all surfaces outside. Dirt, sidewalks, hills, the Boise Greenbelt, wet and dry conditions. My feeties and leggies were not barking at me in discomfort during or after the run. They have plenty of cush and support. I didn't feel like I needed to wear insoles for arch support. There is plenty of room in the toe box. I didn't feel like there was anything too tight or too loose. There wasn't anything that annoyed me about these. No annoying inside seams or rubbing.

I was able to focus on getting lost in the run. These will be making a regular appearance in my running shoe rotation.

You can find these in stores today - December 5th. You can connect with Mizuno at their website, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.

Comments

  1. I tried Wave Riders a few years ago and felt similar to how you did about the Inspires. I'd be interested to see how the new Riders are different....but I'm afraid to switch. Funny how not too long ago all running shoes were pretty much white with an accent stripe. So much more fun now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO thankful for fun running shoes. That could be why more people are running nowadays. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts