Race For Hearts

I have the racing bug. Not that I have ANY speed right now and my doctor said NO on distance because of my janky knee. But I have the racing bug.

In my Robie swag bag, I went through all of the flyers for races coming up. There is a 5K this weekend and I HAD to sign up.

It is the Race For Hearts and it is a benefit for the Jayden Deluca Foundation.

Image description
Stolen from here

I love the 11am start time. And the Hawks Stadium is so close to where I live, I am going to ride my bike there.

BBQ (although on the site it says Port Of Subs will be there with sammys. BBQ'ed sammys?). Beer Garden. Bouncy houses.

Their Facebook says they got a delivery of QuestBars for the event. And people sure seem to love those on the Twitterverse. 

Downside is that the race is just a couple days away and there is NO info about packet pick up or anything. So I am guesstimating that this will be race day packet pick up?

Whatever it may be, I will be there.

You racing this weekend? Did you do this race last year?

Comments

  1. I am not racing this weekend, but I will be routing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you today, Tanya. Hopefully we'll "run" into each other again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts