Thoughtless Thursday?

My head is feeling a little ADD this week. I have lots to say but can't sit still long enough to put each one down in an individual post.  So here is a random bloggie post for today. :-)

The BF & I were playing around with the different settings on the DLSR camera. I think its overly complicated and since I am pretty lazy, too much work. I'm happy with a point and shoot.




3 of the best spooky-type pictures were got using the different settings. Our tripod is in storage so using the long exposure was pretty much worthless.

I am trying to win (or at least get 2nd place) on two different mileage contests this month. It might be a little crazy, but I am aiming for over 200 miles this month. I think personally its DOABLE for me. I probably won't be breaking any PRs ~BUT~ while training for my 50K, the more miles I did, the faster I got without doing any additional speedwork. So we will see. I feel running is such a personal experiment during the whole course of your running "career" so I am open to doing some things different. 

One of the mileage contests is here and you can join in!

MCMMama-novembermileage
From here


During my run today, the BF stopped me and made me flip some tires we came across. I guess this is the benefit of living in a small farm town because these tires are everywhere - and they make me very happy.

There was a variety of tires available.


Tires are hard to flip when you got your can of Mike's Hard Lemonade in one hand. #redneck

When he did flip that one above, he made it look way too easy! I tried it and was like WTF. It was so heavy!


This one was nearly a perfect size!

  




I don't know how good my form is. I thought I was squating down low but maybe I could have gone a little lower in the pics. But that one tire was really heavy. Like I said, the BF made it look so effortless. But man, it was solid and heavy. The real tire flipping deal right there! <3 it!

I really love my coffee pot. It got a bath with both the cleaning tablets and the decalcification tablets and a new water filter. I have the Starbucks Aria blend in it I need to use up, which I am not a fan of. But even a coffee blend that I am not a fan of, this machine can make it taste ok.

Totes recommend!

During my 6.5 mile run today, we found a few cans and scrap bits and even money on the ground! $0.16! I got "paid" to run today. ;-)


The black bag above had new dvd remotes in it that I put on eBay.


There were a few 30 ot 6 casings and a sewing bobbin. Things that are popular in small town Idaho and NOT popular in big city Boise!

Do you have any DSLR camera advice? Do you change the settings and use photoshop or do you prefer point and shoot? Are you joining me in a mileage contest or are you doing some other fun Holiday "Bootie Buster" contest? Do you ever flip tires during cross training? What is your favorite cross training?

PS. I will be having a giveaway soon! Perfect for Winter training! Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the mileage challenge! Good luck on hitting 200. I did that once this year and pretty much felt like all I was doing was running LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking at my schedule and seeing how many miles I have to run. It has been a goal for a long time to be comfortable with running 10 miles everyday!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts