Weight Loss - Week 1

Week one went better then expected. All of this weight loss is a challenge and it is trial and error.

I did about 95% clean eating. The worst things that I ate all week was generic peanut butter (full of sugar, salt and oils-but it is in my house and I don't wanna buy anything else right now) my coffee (which I refuse to give up) and half and half in my coffee. Oh and I had the Gorton's breaded fish fillets because they are so good and I wanted to up my carbs a bit. I have been so hungry that I am so eager to put anything in my mouth.

The first 3 days of the week was a very strict diet. Lower calories and low carbs. And by carbs, what I am refering to is my quinoa and Ezekiel bread. Healthy, full of fiber, no white flours or sugars type of stuff. The first day, I was fine, but I also was rolling on the high carb stores from the week before. But I felt my legs just couldn't handle what I was fueling it with. So, I had to bump up the carbs more. Which just meant an extra 200 calories a day for the last half of the week.

Which also meant my weight loss stalled for those couple of days. I don't know if it was because of the extra carbs, the salt in the fish (I have not salted anything, which is something that was never a priority anyway) or I also lowered the intensity of my workouts. 1 to 1.5 hour of cardio instead of 2-3. And I stopped lifting weights to give some of my sore muscles a break. But I could have  actually already burnt some fat and replaced it with muscle.

Weight loss is such a challenge.

But with clean eating, I have a crazy amount of energy. I'm not saying this either because I live my life by incorporating as many of the 7 deadly sins in my life as much as possible (yay for sloth and gluttony!) I'm not sleeping any better then what I was before. I had to drop the weight session because it had me too pumped instead of pooped before bed. I was doing it too close to bedtime. But with the same amount of sleep, I can jump up out of bed and be eager to start my day. The BF, who isn't following my clean eating diet is still laying there in bed for an hour because he can't get up.

When I do my workouts (HIIT on the elliptical-I'm talking to you) I don't want to stop after an hour. I have SO much energy.

I'm really looking forward to spring where I can enjoy spending more time outside. I have lots of plans for when the temps get above freezing and my sweat doesn't freeze on me and I'm not at risk for hypothermia.

Oh yea. Eating so many veggies in my diet. Veggies every meal. Um yea. Fiber is healthy for colon health. I'm sure you can figure what I mean by that.

I don't watch TV at home. I watch everything on my computer at home. Netflix and such. But at the club - there is cable TV. Cable TV sure has a LOT of food commercials. I mean, every commercial break has something food related. Friday, the TV was turned to CNN and every 10 minutes there was food. I was so hungry, I almost started chewing on the BF's arm.

Weight loss - any tips? Any success with your weight you can share with me?

Comments

  1. Ugh. Weightloss is so hard. At least for me now that I'm in peri-menopause hell. I swear I gain weight just thinking about a pancake these days. Just keep on keeping on. The boundless energy thing you've got going is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts