Healthified 5 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found a recipe in March's Martha Stewart Living that I had to make.
http://www.marthastewart.com/1104488/five-ingredient-chocolate-chip-cookies
It was fairly healthy looking and I had an unopened bag of sugar free chocolate chips that needed to be used!
http://www.marthastewart.com/1104488/five-ingredient-chocolate-chip-cookies
I have tried these cookies a few different ways. I am not a very good cookie maker. I am one of those people who leave them in too little or too long. Cookies are very hard for me. But I have made this recipe so many times since I got this magazine, I am gaining cookie confidence! I've tried it with egg whites and cashew butter, Truvia and molasses because I ran out of brown sugar, with applesauce and one egg white, and this last time had to be one of the best versions that I have made.

1 Cup Almond Butter (I used Maranatha)
1  Cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chips (they have the same amount of carbs as the sugar-free but without all the fake sugar crap)
1/4 Cup Truvia baking blend mixed with a TBSP or 2 of molasses for brown sugar
2 large eggs (I also think the 3 TBSP egg white and 1/4C applesauce substitute worked well, too!)
1/2 tsp salt

I put the batter into a Pam sprayed 8x8 square pan because it's less work then spooning out each cookie onto a sheet. I think the time was an extra 10 minutes in the oven however.


I topped my cookie bar with Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip and sprinkles. I made this last night because I really wanted something with sprinkles on it and a protein shake isn't this festive.
A photo posted by runinboise (@runinboise) on
Do you have a favorite healthified sweet treat recipe to share?

Comments

Popular Posts