Uh, Hello June! Hello Bloggie Peeps!

I have not had very much time to sit down and type up much as of late. But I am laying out a lot of seriousness in this post. Just so you know. I like honesty and I hope you do too.

BUT since I am winding down to my weight loss challenge - 21 days left to go to hit my weight loss goal - it's gonna be close. And I have a little bit more time, at least today, to share some things that have been happening in my life.

The stress last month from overtraining (has anyone seriously overtrained?) my car broke down, being really lonely in Po'dunk Idaho without any new friends, having such a struck diet for the last few months, and not being able to devote as much time needed to make money (or blog) because I was working out or recovering, I think I had a nervous breakdown. For realz. I actually flipped out and wanted to kill myself. I tried to call one counselor after it happened when I KNEW I needed help. I NEEDED to talk to someone. I was told that I was too far gone for them to help. Really? Do you know how HARD it is to ask someone for help because its really embarrassing.

Sadly, I did cut my wrist
It would have been different if it was a Doctor or Nurse that could have told me this during a visit but it was just a receptionist giving me her professional opinion. She wound up hanging up on me. I hope she felt bad or gets placed into my state one day soon. She would not even let me make an appointment. And I was calm, not manic during my call with her.

From Wiki - Mental breakdown (also known as a nervous breakdown) is a colloquial term for an acute, time-limited psychiatric disorder that manifests primarily as severe stress-induced depression, anxiety, or dissociation in a previously functional individual, to the extent that they are no longer able to function on a day-to-day basis until the disorder is resolved. A mental breakdown is defined by its temporary nature, and often closely tied to psychological burnout, severe overwork, sleep deprivation, and similar stressors, which combine to temporarily overwhelm an individual with otherwise sound mental faculties. A mental breakdown also shares many symptoms with the acute phase of post-traumatic stress disorder.[1] A major cause of a mental breakdown can be stress and a breakdown is usually a symptom of underlying causes like depression or post-traumatic stress disorder.[2] Medication and therapy are usually used to help someone recover from a mental breakdown.[3] The UK Mental Health Foundation found that one in every 20 people is likely to have suffered from depression, including a nervous breakdown.[4]

I did take a few days off and have not ran much since. I have walked alot but walking isn't burning the calories like running does. The 14 miles ran every day, in a rather stressful location, is a big stressor for me. I just can't enjoy running in Po'Dunk Idaho. All the drivers want to kill you, and its all desert. No trees. Just farms and sagebrush and lots of dirt. I am trying to find the joy in the fresh wheat being grown and how thankful I am the dairy's are working hard. Heck, we have been getting a half pound of asparagus everyday this spring and its been lovely! But its hard to find the joy in running here.

I do however feel better - thank you. I'm still a little keyed up because there are some things out of my control that I want to control. I am having a hard time just letting things go and trust in the universe. It's hard. But I am really trying.


I have had some great races as of late.
Robie Creek was awesome. I had my best time ever and I still had gas in the tank. I could have easily pushed myself harder and faster.

The weekend after was the Weiser River 50K. All went well. I was a little disappointed in the post race goings-on (no raffle, just kind of a finish and leave the venue. "Thanks for running, now leave." type of feeling) So, I don't know if I will do this race again. It was joyous eating potato chips and drinking Coke at each of the aid stations. Hello - I've been SUFFERING on a diet where I was eating 95% clean! It was a real treat. I did get a little crampy in my legs but took at Hammer Endurolytes about half way through, along with an ibuprofen and I felt like a million bucks the second half. This race really made me confident in my running abilities. I was running 10-14 miles EVERYDAY. I never ran anything more then

AAAANNNND I've never been late to a race. BUT I was SOOO close last weekend at the Idaho Potato Half Marathon. I set my alarm at 5:30 but fell back asleep til 6:20am. The other half woke me up. It was a 7am start! I took the fastest shower ever and thankfully had everything laid out and ready including the coffee pot. I pounded my Slap Nutrition Peanut Butter Protein shake, pounded one cup of coffee, got my shoes on during the drive. I made it to the start with 5 minutes to spare. Thankfully the start was delayed by 10 minutes because the potty lines were so long - I didn't even get to poop pre-race! BUT had a hella awesome run. It felt fabulous to be BACK in Boise. I have missed the greenbelt and running along the river. The weather was a little muggy but near perfect. I was a very happy girl.

Speaking of Back in Boise. I'm not running in boise anymore and its part of my sadness. What can I rebrand as? Running In Po'Dunk? Doesn't have the same ring to it.

If you follow on the IG, I started with my rebrand there.

Running and Wineing

I'll get around to changing the rest of my social media and blog but it was easiest to start with the IG.

It took me a year to come to this point. Here is my reasons.

I love really do love to run - just not where I am now.

I really love to wine. I may have increased the wineage the last year ;-)

I became a wine consultant this month. If you want to know more about that - follow this link! I get to GIVE at home wine tastings! DOESN'T THAT SOUND FUN! I thought I gave this some good thought and want to follow through with it.

If you are in Southern Idaho (Nampa, Caldwell, Meridian, Kuna, Eagle Boise, Mountain Home, Twin Falls and Magic Valley, and Sun Valley areas) I would love to have you have a wine tasting!



I am thinking of having a giveaway with the wine tasting here on the blog or IG so please keep an eye out.

I have a few people interested and have a note pad with my call schedule for Monday.

The other half is super supportive and gave me a thumbs up.

My nickname is Bunnie
THIS is a big deal. I am super excited about a new - non-physical - venture. It will be a welcomed change from just working out. I know working out is the shizit, but I can't do it full time like I have been. Even though I love it, health is important to me but I do love some time to unwind and have people over for a drink or so. I feel the feel good aspects of this is important to me.

If you want to know more about Wine Shop at Home feel free to email me - runningandwineing @gmail or visit me on instagram - https://instagram.com/runningandwineing/ or visit the website http://wineshopathome.com/?rep=tanyasavage I'd love you forever. :-)

http://wineshopathome.com/?rep=tanyasavage

Sorry to have such a long post, but like I said, I like being open and honest. If the wine things work out, I'm treating it like a real job and doing it properly like I should, things should go A OK.

Tell me whats been new with you? I've tried to connect with some of you on IG but been slacking everywhere else.

Things will be back to normal, hopefully, next month. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts