Beef and Bok Choy Stir-Fry
This delicious recipe for Beef and Bok Choy Stir-Fry pairs perfectly with the Talmage Cellars “T” Cabernet Sauvignon. I love making stir frys because they are so quick and fast and with the abundance of fresh summer veggies, its perfect for any lunch or dinner!
- 1/2 Cup(s) Kitchen Basics® Unsalted Beef Stock
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Honey
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Ginger, Ground
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Red Pepper, Crushed
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 Pound(s) Boneless beef sirloin steak, cut in thin strips
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Heads baby bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 1 Can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 Cup(s) Fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 Cup(s) Shredded carrot
DIRECTIONS:1. Mix stock, cornstarch, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ginger and red pepper in small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in wok or large skillet on medium-high heat. Add beef in batches; stir fry 1 minute or until no longer pink. Remove from wok. Add garlic, bok choy, water chestnuts and carrot; stir fry 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Return beef to wok.
3. Stir stock mixture. Add to wok; stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add bean sprouts; toss until well blended. Season to taste, as desired. Serve with cooked rice, if desired.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.
What is your favorite Asian dish? Did you ever think you could pair a nice Cab with stir fry?