My Running Halloween Costume

I have a Halloween run planned. And I noticed that Idaho Running Company in Boise was having a Halloween themed fun run on last Thursday. I had to join in on that.

Costume Run 2015
From here
I guess I better have made a costume, huh!

I spend pretty much a whole day searching the interwebs for a fun, running, costume. Halloween, I need to rock my Team Beef shirt, so I needed a costume where that could be shown.

Searching, and searching and searching.

Ah ha! I found the perfect costume. All I needed was a huge chunk of cardboard and some paint.


It took about 2 days to make just because of all the coats of paint we put on my costume. I really wanted to win the Idaho Running Company costume contest!

I sent a few pics to my friends and they all loved my costume after it was done. I felt like it was fun, and unique.

When I showed up to Shu's on Thursday evening, I felt that I had a good chance of winning! I'm seriously really shy, so I was a little nervous to put it on and parade around the store. Plus it was kinda big. But after I signed in and got ready to start the fun run, I had some really good reactions to my costume.


I basically carried this piece of cardboard for the 2 mile run. It really started getting awkward near the end. Plus I stepped into a pothole covered with leaves in the last half and tweaked my ankle a bit, so I really wasn't on my A-Game.


The sign costume wouldn't fit in my backseat flat, so we bent it in half. When the breeze came up, it was really awkward to carry.


I was unsure if I should paint the back to match the front, or just paint it all black. I decided to just go with plain.

Once back into the store, we got some swag thrown at us - new socks, Clif Bars and stuff. Yay! We then voted for best costume. 

Pic from here

I was one of 3 that won goodie bags for best costume.


I got some cool Shu's runner dude logo'ed swag. New socks are always welcomed. (If you need the free shipping coupon for RoadID, lemme know & I'll send it your way)


I'll be doing a blog post on the FITS Runner Lite socks in the next couple of weeks.


I got a Camelbak Podium Chill bottle, some logo stickers and tattoos, a pewter bracelet and necklace - made by Treasure Cast in Boise.

And I got a $15 gift card. Totally worth it just for that. Yay! I think I am ready for another pair of shoes from Shu's.

Are you running a Halloween race and what is your costume?

Comments

Popular Posts