2015 In Review

I had quite a lot of ups and downs this year in 2015. The highlight, and the part that took 6 months to work towards was winning first place in the Magic Valley Weight Loss Challenge. I lost 35% of my weight and walked home $10,000 heavier.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
Since I was in it to win it, I know that I can do hard things. This was harder then training for any marathon. I was exhausted to the point of a nervous breakdown at the end of it. I really put myself under such physical and emotional stress. $10,000 is a lot of money! But there was NO WAY I wasn't going to walk away with anything less then 1st place. I didn't want to gain too much back, but I did gain a little too much back. So 2016, will be another personal weight loss challenge since the YMCA is not doing it in 2016. I was fairly comfortable around 140ish pounds and a size 6. Although when that happens, I am looking forward to scheduling a tummy tuck and boob job. I'll never have a flat, toned, stomach any other way.

After finishing up the challenge, I had to find a job to get out of the house and to take a break from running and working out. After 6 months of very high mileage (14 miles a day for a while there), I was getting arthritis in my knees and they were swollen 24/7. (Hence why I've gained weight) I did join up with WineShop At Home as a Wine Consultant. I give in home wine tastings, which as been very fun. I have a little team starting up and I'm getting out of the house, drinking some good wine, and meeting a bunch of new people.

At the Twin Falls County Fair
As for running races, I don't think I had any awesome race that was super memorable. I did do another 50K, which I did better my time by about an hour. But I just was running because I had to run and work out. And to get in my Team Beef points for the year. (We will talk about that more when I talk about my 2016 plans)

Mid-Race at the 50K

The benefit of running more and working out more was that I had less post-race DOMS. I felt that I recovered way better after this race, and some of the other races I participated in.

And I felt that I looked better in my race photos. :-)
Idaho Potato Run - I always to the Half Marathon

I did get put into the news a couple of times this year. Once because of the weight loss challenge (Local TV News and the Newspaper), another time for promoting the wine biz, and another time for the Halloween Run in Twin Falls. There was no costume contest for the Twin Falls 5K, I did win a little swag bag for the Halloween fun run at Idaho Running Company in Boise.



It wasn't comfortable to wear, and carrying it on my shoulder made me get a bruise on my shoulder, but it was fun to see everyone's reactions to it. It was a lot of fun.


One silly accomplishment on the interwebs was that I did finally hit 100+ likes on an Instagram post. Finally. And I am almost at 1000 followers. I don't know what I win when I do hit those levels, but man, its a lot of work on my part to "get" to that point.

Yay!

I'm glad we are at the end of 2015. I have more things planned for 2016, which I'll share with the blog on a post very soon. What is the most awesome thing that happened to you in 2015? Anything exciting planned for 2016?

Comments

Popular Posts