Happy New Year! New Goals!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. I don't know about you, but I am ready for this new year and to get back on my fitness track.

One of my main goals for 2016 is to place as a top 3 female in a 5K in the early fall. (I'm not gonna name which one to the interwebs just yet.) 

As most of you know, I am a member of Team Beef Idaho. Along with being a member of Team Beef for 2016, I am also a new member of the Pearl Izumi Champions running team. I'm pretty excited to be a part of the team. I actually do wear quite a bit of PI stuff when I work out. And this gives me an excuse to buy more running gear. :-)

Yay!
Part of this new year and new goals will be to start a juice detox on Saturday the 9th. I know this is going to be very painful for me, but I know this is something that my body needs. I've enjoyed my wine and unhealthy foods very much, but I am ready to get back on a somewhat clean eating diet. I'm going to miss my wine.

New Years bubbly chilling in the snow.

Last Chinese buffet on NYE for a long while.
Has anyone tried this Jus by Julie?



This was what I was planning on starting the 5 day cleanse on Saturday and was curious if anyone has tried it?

Part of the clean eating means no more white sugar for me. I usually only use sugar in my coffee with cream, but those calories add up quickly. I am very thankful that I won a bloggie contest from Peaches and Football a month or so ago, which is perfect.


The chocolate and mint chocolate have been very good in my coffee so far and the simple syrup has been amazing in some cocktails I have tried. I have been very happy with this NuNaturals line.

Another one of my New Years goals is to work on my flexibility. Man, I don't know how but I am so tight. When I run, I really feel it in my right hip and I can barely grab my ankle to stretch my quads. So drinking more water - since I'm not drinking wine, and stretching more often will be very important to me.

Speaking of another bloggie win - I won a HumanX Gear Muscle Recovery Kit from the Organic Runner Mom Holiday Gift Guide Giveaway.


I'm not looking forward to the pain this is going to bring, but I am looking forward to the relief. Yep. I am very thankful for these bloggie wins.

As soon as I finish this, I will be meeting a new fitness friend (from Craigslist) who wants to do a Spartan and a 5K later in the year. I'm OK with meeting people from the interwebs, but I'm hoping that hes serious about wanting to meet up and work out. I know that there are people in my neck of the Idaho woods and I know I need to venture out more often to meet up with them. (more on that in another post...)

How was your New Years? What are your goals for 2016? Juice cleanse? Have you done it while being pretty active?

Comments

  1. I like your main goal! Do you have a goal time in mind? One of my long term goals is to PR in a 5K. The problem is I was pretty fast in high school and I haven't run a mile under 6 minutes since I was 17! Speed work, speed work, speed work. Good luck in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No goal time Chris, but just the placement. If I happen to place at a 30 min 5K with 10 people in it, I'll be happy. ;-) Speedwork and hills are on the agenda.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts