I'm Not Gonna Make A Habit of This

I have not weighed myself since July 2015 or so. I was weighing myself every day for the 1st 6 months of 2015. I know that I have gained weight since then but I did not realize how to maintain. Reverse dieting is a real thing that I plan on addressing in 2016.

To help me along in this process I just joined in the FitOne St. Luke's Weight Loss Challenge. The winner doesn't win what I won last year at my weight loss challenge, but I'm just as motivated. Weigh in is Saturday.

Enter Here

I'm not going to make a habit of joining in on all these weight loss challenges. I've never really "dieted" in my life and last year it was painful and I hated it. During the process, I found a weight and size that I was happy with, so trying to maintain at that particular size is my goal from here on out. 

I treated myself to a new Pearl Izumi outfit. I got a sweet long sleeved at the thrift store for $4.00! The skirt cost me $20 on eBay - New With Tags! Plus I got a killer deal at Runners Wearhouse on a pair of clearance shoes around Black Friday. I also am going to try to start logging my workouts via a Bodybuilding.com workout log I found at the thrift store for $0.50. I spent a little bit of time writing down a running plan for the 12 weeks of this log. Having a log on the computer, I don't look at it as much as I do on a piece of paper.

BumbleBun had to get into the picture.
Thinking about how burnt out I got last year, I am planning on doing this weight loss program a little differently. My right knee is flat out not happy. I have been doing lots of walking and I'm paying for it today. I started on some DoTerra oils (Frankincense and Deep Blue) at a suggestion of a girl who sells locally that I met last month. I don't see any (psychosomatic) difference in my knee since starting it.

I don't plan on doing as much running as I did last year. Part of my knee problem is from hitting 14 miles a day for a while last spring. Surgery is not an option at this time. Unless I can't walk at all, I won't consider it. I purchased the BBG program so I am going to add that in and follow that plan. I am going to follow Coach Jenny's Half Marathon Program to start (re-)building up my base again and to prep for Robie Creek in April. I am looking forward to spending more time on the elliptical as I always seen good results from using that regularly. When the weather thaws, I can add some water to my slosh pipe that I started and use that around my back yard field.

One of the things that has been bugging me lately is my Timex Ironman One+ GPS. I love the watch and I love how quickly it connects to satelites and uploads my data into Strava and Runkeeper. BUT when my battery dies, it always happens to be in the middle of the night. It beeps a couple of times and shuts off. It never matters when I charge, but when it dies, its always the middle of the night. Now, I get an email telling me my battery is low, but I never pay that much attention to emails. 

My nighttime alarm.
BBG, DoTerra, and Coach Jenny's training plans - Have you tried them? If you have a One+ GPS, does your battery always die in the middle of the night?

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your knee pain. I know its frustrating to feel like you added some extra weight. I'm sure you really want to just good out and run it all off until that weight goes away. Just make sure you give that knee plenty of rest. Definitely try some lower impact cross training and don't push too many mile too fast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really gonna try hard and not push the miles too hard. I don't want to blow out my knee. I got a training plan mapped out until Robie, so we will see how things stand around there. :-)

      Delete
  2. I have been doing BBG FOR 6 months and although I'm newer runner it has helped my knees. It has helped me become stronger doing all those step ups and squates. My knee pain is due to my IT Band and so the strength training has been awesome for me. Although I don't follow her LISS or hiit because with half marathon training it becomes too much for me to fit it all in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts