Twin Falls Firecracker 5K

I did a Thursday evening 5K. The Twin Falls Firecracker 5K. I kinda like this race. I placed in my AG last year but no way was that happening this year.

As soon as the race started it started raining. It was a very windy and wet run.

My butt is sticking out because the other half wanted me to jump.




I Periscope'ed the whole thing! I just upgraded my iphone 4. Yes I had a podunk iphone4 for 5 years. I couldn't periscope anything with it so it had to wait until I eventually got around to a phone upgrade. Am I too late to the whole Periscope thing? I don't wanna Snapchat.
From my Periscope

The rain is SO hard here!
Screen shots from Periscope above. The first mile kinda sucked. Like I said, the rain started as soon as the race started. I'm such a fair weather runner that I can't tell you the last time I ran in the rain. Maybe the Seattle Marathon in 2011? I'm a weather wuss. Anyways, since it was still warm out, I just went with it. Having my phone out was cool because it was such a distraction from how hard the wind was blowing and how much I couldn't see because of the wind and rain.

It was surprising fun. There was a lady that was basically my pace from the start and just after the halfway point she said I was going to be her motivation. You can hear us talking in the video. It was the first time that she ran nearly the whole 3 miles without stopping. She didn't stop until the mile 2 waterstop.

This race was very much prepared for the 100 degree temps that we were supposed to have. There were 2 splash stations where they had water misters and kids with squirt guns. 

Post race, I was a super wet mess but my feet were ok. (Thanks Fitsok and my Pearl Izumi kicks!)

I'm soaking wet
There was FroYo, Chobani, Otter Pops, Sockeye Beer, and Falls Brand hot dogs, chips and watermelon. The hot dogs really are so good. And the Chobani was super fresh since the plant that makes it is in town.


Oh yea. This year everyone got sparklers or pop its at the finish! Last year I got ground flowers as my age group prize!

Pop-Its
Well, rainy weather - do you brave it or forgo it? I didn't expect it to rain, but there you go. Are you doing a 4th of July run?

Comments

Popular Posts