The Point of the Blog

I have missed you and blogging as of late. I had to search something yesterday I posted waaaay back when as a reference (what was my first GPS watch?) and it kinda struck a raw bloggie nerve. I have a couple of things to share with you soon.

I just never know what to write. It's not that I don't want to share, although IG is WAY easier to get a short post on my current happenings.... I'm sad I don't have the time to research some really informative blog posts, and I just don't want to bore people about running the same route in my new podunk town. oooh look, i ran in a circle on a track :-/ blah it was windy blah blah blah

The closest track to my house. The nearly always wet Junior High School lava rock track

I decided to look for some writing prompts to help shake some of the bloggie cobwebs out of my hands and brain.

from here

I found one blog prompt that I thought would be fitting. Since I am not blogging as regularly as I was in 2011-2013, I just don't have the same blog reader base as before. I have all you new bloggie faces! :-)


I started this blog in 2011 as a way to help keep accountable of my training in Boise, Idaho. In January of 2011 I made it my New Years Resolution to complete a marathon. Which I succeeded in completing by the way.


In my running research, I was facinated and inspired by so many different runners out there in the bloggiesphere, I thought it would be fitting to throw my running hat into the bloggy ring.

So I did. And here I am.

At the time, I was living and running in Boise Idaho. I love Boise and its basically my hometown. I could not think up of any other blog name, so RunInBoise / RunningInBoise kinda stuck.

Not my work. I don't know who painted this. It sums up Boise pretty darn well!

In 2014 I had to move from Boise to Po'Dunk Idaho after ending one 6 year relationship and moving on with another. I just couldn't rebrand the blog to Running In Po'Dunk, so the blog name has never gotten around to changing but my Instagram name did.


Follow Meeeeeee

The small town life is growing on me, but my running (and blogging) life is slipping.

There are not as many safe running routes and I can only handle the gym so much. One of the things that brought me joy of running was how I could shut my mind off on runs and not worry. I have pretty high anxiety issues and running helps with it. I can't shut off my mind as I worry about having a dog chase and bite me and cars wanting to hit me.

Plus, I miss ALL of the Boise trees on the greenbelt and all the trails in the foothills.

I found a few bucks cash In The Road before I hit this trail.
So I keep the Run In Boise as an ode that Po'Dunk isn't my home. My running soul is in Boise and eventually the time will be right in my life that I will be moving back.

I am running in Boise, and I will be running in Boise in the form of races or future rehome. :-)

How did you choose on your blog / social media name?

Comments

Popular Posts