Week In Review - Week 1 - 100 MILE Training

Welp. As I have mentioned on the IG and in a previous post, I need some sort of running direction as I've missed blogging, regained my MVWLC Challenge weight back, and floating around in the runnerverse as 5Ks just are not doing it for me.

I have a year-long running plan to a 100 miler ultra via Krissy Moehl's Running Your First Ultra. So its going to be 48-52+ weeks to my goal race. I have not decided on a race quite yet since, well, its a year away. The ones that are happening now, or will happen in the next few months as I start this training have not yet opened up registration.

As I did with my 50K training, I am not following the plan to a tee, but trying my best to get everyday done on schedule with some flexibility with regards to travel, illness, injury, and me pussing out because of the weather.

So. Week 1 of my 100 mile training is commencing now. :-)

Monday - 4 easy miles along the canyon. I didn't feel 100% as my MIL wanted to, I guess has been wanting to be a B the last week. She woke everyone up with some passive aggressive BS at 3am. I didn't get back to sleep until 6. So today was about 6 hours of sleep total. I was dehydrated, felt kind of queasy and I caught up on a couple of phone calls during extended walk breaks. I did add in some ab work when I got home.

 
Tuesday - 6 miles of fasted intervals. I had an appointment in Boise, so I actually got up early at 7am. That's early for me! I slogged out the miles. It wasn't pretty, I was a little queasy and my miles 3 & 4 were nice. I was happy with each of the times I was hitting each interval so its all good.

Wednesday - 6 miles at Twin Falls Rock Creek park. Its such a short loop with a little shade. The smoke from the wildfires was in the air and I'm so sensitive to it. I forgot my headphones and should have brought a water bottle. I couldn't get into the zone. It was an easy run day so I kinda walked .10 / ran .10. It helped move my miles along and me get over the mental blah where I was ready to give up at 3 miles.

Thursday - Active Rest Day so I walked 4 miles while doing errands.

Friday - Rest Day. I should not have but things happen and I didn't get to running.

Saturday - A walk and I bought a treadmill and elliptical.

Sunday - The other half was sick from food poisoning or something of a stomach bug. Maybe because his mom woke us up at 6am, we went to sleep at 2am. Didn't get back to sleep until 8am, when she woke us up again at 9am. So no workouts got done due to everyone tired and crabby.

How do you handle difficult situations when it comes to training? I wear earplugs so I don't have to hear the MIL being obnoxious multiple times in the night but more often then not, I pull them out at night. 

Comments

Popular Posts