What Are My Goals For 2017?

You know, the beginning of the new year is always a refreshing point in time to restart nearly anything. I have already started a re-commitment to eating a smidge healthier and doing something active everyday. I also want to be a bit more active on the blog, here too.

The FitApproach/SweatPink community has a year of writing prompts that I think will be good for me too. Like with this post starting today. :-)



What ARE my goals for 2017? Heck, I don't know. I feel so lost in the sea of everything right now in my life. There are a few things that I need to work on.

  1.  I need a vehicle. I sold my car just over a month or two ago (the clutch was going out on it) and my truck doesn't do well in the snow. And its been pretty snowy this winter! So, my most pressing goal of 2017 is to find another vehicle. I have been looking for a few years, I have not been comfortable in any new car (all the blindspots and MPG has just been dealbreakers - I've test drove everything, I swear) and I really hate spending money, and any vehicle is a lot of money, so this all around has just been really difficult for me to do. 
  2. I need counseling. Living in Po'Dunk has just kept me in a gloomy funk for the last couple of years. I can't shake it-the gloom and the leaving of Po'Dunk, so looks like I will be calling the shrink when they open after the holidays. Things bother me like, "Why does the MIL NOT say my name? She refers to me as She and Her in convo but never Tanya." And "Why does the MIL have an issue with the treadmill but not the elliptical I had for a year?"
  3. Because of the gloom, my running has just flat out suffered. I gained weight and basically stopped running. Getting back to my level of fitness hasn't been pretty. Its been hella frustrating. But I did buy a treadmill this summer AND took advantage of a Black Friday gym membership special. My running shape isn't gonna magically reappear overnight. But I feel that this whole 2017 will be dedicated to regaining all that I had lost. 
  4. Losing weight is a biggie. I know, I know. I worked SO HARD to lose 70 pounds just to basically overnight regain it. I know what I did to lose it, but I don't know if I can commit to that level without that sort of motivation. I mean, $10,000 is an awful lot of motivation. However, I still have that money after a year and a half - I have not spent it. I did say I hated spending money. So, I think that I would like a tummy tuck - I have a pooch and it was depressing that so much loose skin was still there after losing so much weight, I didn't feel like I lost anything when I looked in the mirror. So getting a tummy tuck at the 2nd half of the year, I think will be something I want to do for myself. And loosing weight will make the process much easier - and I can at least feel better about myself nekkid will be a good thing for me. 
  5. I wanted to complete another Ultra this year and if things fall into place, I may sign up for a late spring, early summer one. If not, there is always next year. I don't feel like I am in a place to dedicate a whole year of training for a 100 miler. I want to but there are so many other factors going on (see above) that I can't mentally focus on what needs to be done to do it. So if I can, then I will. If I can't, it will be next year. 
  6. I am going to be taking another cruise. I think I would like to do one over Christmas or Thanksgiving but if I can find a way to convince the other half to do more then that, I will be a happy camper. I absolutely enjoyed the whole cruise we took and seriously can't wait to do another! 
Day 1 of the cruise
Well, those are my most pressing goals for 2017. What are you going to be focusing on in this new year? 

Comments

Popular Posts